The reliability and the efficiency that your contractor delivers are essential for the success of your building project. If you feel overwhelmed by the contractor selection process, here are a few tips that can help you:
- Use word of mouth recommendations – people who already have experience with contractors can help you a lot. They can not only
recommend you contractors you can trust or warn you about contractors to avoid, but they can also tell you about aspects to pay special attention to during the construction process;
- Carry out your own online research – check local Dallas commercial roofing contractors websites for experience, licenses, bonds and portfolio;
- Contact at least four contractors and tell them all there is to know about your project, then request detailed, written quotes from them;
- Evaluate the quotes you receive paying attention not only to the price, but also to the range of services included, to the proposed completion deadline and to the warranties offered on the workmanship and on the products used by the contractor;
- Finalize the deal by signing a contract that includes all the relevant details of the project. If you are not confident working with contracts, turn to a lawyer to make sure your interests are properly represented.